Join Swagbucks! I get Amazon Gift Cards ALL THE TIME - FREE!!!

Search & Win

Swidget 1.0


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Free 411 calls

I just heard someone in the line at the store yesterday say she JUST heard of 1-800-FREE-411. EEK! I have been using that for YEARS! So, if you don't already use it, PROGRAM IT IN YOUR PHONE NOW! Paid 411 calls can cost up to $3.00 for every call you make (depending on the carrier) and 1-800-FREE-411 provides listings for free! They're free because they are ad supported meaning the consumer hears two, 10 second audio advertisements while we get the number they request. Basically, advertisers pay for audio space which offsets the costs to the consumer so that it is FREE. Usually, the ads are highly interactive with the consumer (sometimes offering promotions or discounts) and are geared toward the listing request! Next time you need some info, you can get it for free!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been using this for years too! It works great! I get REALLY mad at myself when I forget and just dial 411!!!!!! My cellphone chages $1.69/call for 411!!! OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete