Join Swagbucks! I get Amazon Gift Cards ALL THE TIME - FREE!!!

Search & Win

Swidget 1.0


Sunday, April 5, 2009

Are Walgreens Register Rewards TRULY Manufacturer Coupons?

I argue:
Yes: they are purely manufacturer's coupons, and
Yes: they can be used anywhere else that takes coupons.

Anyplace that takes coupons SHOULD take them, but the words "Redeemable at Walgreens" are a red herring and distract many... it's the trained eye that sees that there's no ONLY in the phrase -- so "Redeemable at Walgreens" only means that Walgreens HAS TO TAKE THEM, not that other places shouldn't. Like any contract (think of a coupon as a contract for a discount -- our obligation is to "buy X" their obligation is to "give us Y"), vagueness in language should be construed against the drafter.Does Walgreen's prefer that we use them there? Maybe. Or maybe not (my local Walgreens will only take one each time you check out -- regardless of how many items you have or the total of your transaction).I note in other threads that people who've used self-scanners when checking out at grocery stores have had no issues using them (if they were readable) -- to me further proof that they are like any other coupon.

On that note, I have mentioned this before, but I have used my Walgreens Register Rewards at the self checkout at Jewel. I don't know if I would ever actually try to hand one over to a Jewel cashier, but if I have extras, I will definitely swipe them in the self checkout at Jewel.

And furthermore, I have used a Dominick's catalina coupon ($1.50 off Raisin Bran) at Jewel.

As long as their catalina manufacturers remain the same, I'll continue to use them at all the stores interchangably.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment